Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quietness

Most days I love the noise of children  laughing talking playing and just being who they are. The joy that they bring to life. They have a way of getting you to see the world in often times silly, naive playful ways. I love it. I often don't live in that world. I live in a world that is hard harsh and often times disappointing. But then I remember that Jesus saw the joys laughter and love often times the way children do. The simplistity of who we are as humans. I long for days like today when I get to sit in the quietness and do what I can to fill my day with tasks of life that get neglected while I am working long days and spending the rest of the time with my family. The quietness reminds me how peaceful life with Jesus is and how lucky I am while their is a storm brewing outside I can be here safe and warm. I can know that just as I am safe in my house I am safe in Jesus. His arms are like my house solid. It holds away the darkness and uglieness of the world outside. It's a shame we often get sucked up into the constant speed of life and forget to take a day or two to remember the quietness and the softeness it can bring into your hardened days of  fast pace busyness of trying to fullfill dreams and desires. I think if we all remembered to just take a second to breath we might all get the truth of Jesus. How often do any of us really really sit back and fully take in his sacrifices, his pain his hurt his love his generousity his grace. I doubt very many people do. I know when I think of him and all that's he's done for me the love and the anguish in my heart is more then I as a human being can possibly imagine. So I take days like today where I have nothing on tv, music, cell phone and just sit in the quietness of my house doing what I need to do to get things done to make a better home and more peaceful place for us to know we serve Jesus alone. Then that is what I am going to do all day. It will be me closer to who God has called me to be. A follower of Jesus.

Psalms 42, I love this chapter, My pastor from Solid Rock in Oregon is doing his sermons on this chapter right now and it also goes in tow with his first book coming out soon. I am so proud of him and excited for him to be sharing in truth with Jesus and what it was life to be human suffering.

No song today instead listen to the words that he whispers to you in the quietness.

No comments:

Post a Comment